Think local - sustainability
From local sourcing to local employment, Y Talbot sits at the heart of the local economy.
We buy top quality meat, fish, vegetables and cask ales locally so we can offer our customers high quality, fresh produce at a reasonable price and with low food miles.
Tregaron hosts a weekly livestock market and our butcher, Gary Jones, selects the finest livestock, often reared within 10 miles of Tregaron. He also rears his own lamb and beef - why not visit his shop while you are here?
As a major dairy farming area, the Teifi Valley is also an excellent source of top quality cheese from small scale craft makers, such as Hafod Welsh Organic Cheddar and Caws Cenarth.
We specialise in Welsh cask ales and source most of our ale from within 30 miles of Y Talbot. This means that we buy beer fresh from the brewery, with minimum food miles. We also stock local mineral water from Tŷ Nant, Bethania and Jones o Gymru crisps made from Anglesey potatoes!
Our local suppliers
- Gary Jones, butcher (Welsh beef, lamb and pork), Tregaron
- Birchgrove Eggs (free range eggs), Trawsgoed
- Welsh Seafoods, Milford Haven
- Hafod Welsh Organic Cheddar, Llangybi
- Caws Teifi Cheese, near Llandysul
- Jones o Gymru crisps, Pwllheli
- The Organic Fresh Food Company, Lampeter
- Tŷ Nant Natural Mineral Water, Bethania
- Mantle Brewery, Cardigan
- Purple Moose Brewery, Porthmadog
- Evan Evans brewery, Llandeilo
- Felinfoel brewery, Llanelli
- Wye Valley Brewery, Hereford
- Gwynt y Ddraig cider, Pontypridd
- Penderyn Whisky, Brecon
Click here to read what our customers are saying about us.